SXSW Panel – Voting has opened.
Please take a moment to vote for my panel at SXSW 2010:
Nano-budget Interdependent Filmmaking: The New Sustainable Cinema
Acting, Digital Filmmaking, Marketing / PR / Publicity, New Technology / Next Generation, Production
Kevin Shah, sabi pictures
1. What does it mean for a film to be “Interdependently” made as opposed to “Independent”?
2. What is interdependent casting, directing, producing, and editing?
3. How does one foster creative collaborative relationships for the production?
4. Why is it important to use improvisation and HD in low-budget films? (Quality of Performance)
5. What marketing materials should I be working on DURING production to help during release?
6. How can I empower my actors to help guide and shape the story?
7. How can my marketing materials be intergrated into the web 3.0 model of things?
8. What are some examples of success stories that used radical collaboration & marketing?
9. How much does a high quality ‘nano-budget’ film cost, and what is a good profit-sharing agreement?
10. What is the creative satisfaction like with the utilization of the above process?
Technology and radical creative collaboration has empowered the interdependent filmmaker to make original, high-quality independent art films on a minimal budget. This panel will discuss how to manage and empower a creative team and a successful production on a shoe-string: creatively, practically, and spiritually. Also covered will be the ideal web 3.0 marketing materials one should create for the film’s release.